A Little Chaco Walk to Newcombs Pass

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
moppychris

Post by moppychris »

The morning was mighty fine at Chantry Flats yesterday. The santa anita canyon welcomed us with its usual cool breezes and pleasant sounds. The breeze blew thru our Chacos and on our sweaty little toes. The birds were chirping and the beavers were gnawing, and the usual crowds were gone.

We started the hike at 10am, walking down to Sturd Falls and then up to Newcombs pass. After some sardine sandwiches, we started back down at 1pm thru Sturd Camp, swung on the swing, to Mt Zion, then up to Chantry. It was a perfect mileage day, more or less ~13 miles. We got to the car at 5:15pm. Just in time for a brilliant red sunset.

It was warm, hot, and yes, so, it was good for exfoliating my pores. On the way up we saw a lot of flowers in full bloom. The potential bloomage for this trail is astonishing, especially on the ridges above newcombs pass. Everywhere I looked there were columbine, lupine, paintbush, and goldenrod bushes scattered about, along with peas and daisy and thistle. So, if you want to see some good flowers and views in April, (if it ever rains), I would suggested the ridges around there.

Because of the warm days we have been having, the bug situation sucks but completely bearable. I got five mosquito bites and I inhaled and swallowed several gnats.

In conclusion, the Gabes look like a spring after a terrible winter, or just late fall. Pray for snow. Really, pray. We need to start having some real fun.

Thanks.

Signs of the San Gabe Beaver, Castor canadensis spp. gabrielisis
Observing this turkey catch the blow-dryer air up the mountain.
Is this Gorgonio?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

YEEEEEEEEEE

I think those be the San Berdoooz.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Chemtrail weather modification keeping us dry. Nice new firebreak on the rim growing fuel in spite of it.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I've made chemtrails before.

HI CHRIS!
moppychris

Post by moppychris »

PackerGreg wrote:
moppychris wrote:
Chemtrail weather modification keeping us dry. Nice new firebreak on the rim growing fuel in spite of it.
The government only started chemtrailing because they wanted a way to control our pets, like our dogs and cats. We'll do anything for a cute kitten..- and that's when they start experimenting with our heads!