H.J. plz rate this stove

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Hiking Jim, I think its time for you to rate this model: the heavy duty FS special campground stove. Since you claim to be the stove man, its time for you to give us a show of what you can do.
You can choose what place, like Switzers, Idlehour, Spruce Grove etc. We will provide you with the menu and the supplies and you will do the rest. Coffe to start, eggs any way, pancakes, bacon sausages, home fries and toast...
Its time for the big cooking show!!! I have seen these stoves all over the forest but never in use, perhaps you will considerate it, I am being serious here and will be hungry to try some food cooked on the old fashioned wild west style with natural wood heat...... 666
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Not HJ, obviously, but we have used these stoves at Idlehour, Cooper Canyon, and Henninger (well, H Flat stoves are slightly different...) All worked great!
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

The thing that intrigues me is how you control the heat-without a dial button- so you won't burn the food and not make the stove fill the surrounding area with smoke? How do you achieve constant optimum temp for what you cook at the moment? The one thing I know is the food tastes better on wooden heat. I might be tempted to try it sometimes but I want to be sure I know what to do and not have a breakfast from hell;burned! 666
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I rate it as follows:
Durability: Excellent.
Ultralight: Fail.

Next question? :lol:

HJ
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Ultralight: Fail.

What? its the ultimate ultra lite, complements of the FS where ever they have placed them, it intrigues me that they are not used that much anymore. Hiking fast food(bars) has taken over, sad .....
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

666-THE BEAST wrote: where ever they have placed them.
Yeah, a just a little bit limiting. And you're assuming that the Boy Scouts, Sierra Club, etc. haven't already occupied them all.

No thanks.

HJ
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

This is my pack stove...

Durability: Excellent
Ultralight: Weightless

It breaks down to fit in a saddle bag :D
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Hikin_Jim wrote: assuming that the Boy Scouts, Sierra Club, etc. haven't already occupied them all.

Sierra Club= a bunch of tree-huggers that when they get hungry they go for the bars and sub-subs:afraid they might get burned or burn the forest- how green is that!...
Boy Scouts= only use it if there is survivalist dad around otherwise its cans, jars and wonder bread...

Upon many inspections, a recurring trend is emerging with a new use for the stoves and the fire rings by the foolish children and the children adults as incinerators. They throw all the trash in to be burned cause they can't carry them back out. Nice fragrant fumes permeate the area and it becomes a toxic waste site for the animals to visit; nice human interaction with nature..... 666
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Stove Spam.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

HikeUp wrote: Stove Spam.

maekes suhre et dan't gits bourned!!!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Police yourselves, guys... in case this gets "interesting"...
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Packer Greg, what do you have against Star Fleet? :o
Taco

Post by Taco »

YEAH WTF?! :lol:
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Plz remember that mom always said: no politics or religion around the kitchen! M.P. you touch a hot stove subject and you a liable to get burned!!! 666
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

666-The Beast wrote: Plz remember that mom always said: no politics or religion around the kitchen! M.P. you touch a hot stove subject and you a liable to get burned!!! 666
Yeah, thanks tri6. But I'm a big boy and I do like a hot kitchen sometimes...!

Also, I'm sure PackerGreg took it for the joke that it was.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

ThePROBLEM... I... have... withStarFleetstoves...

IS... that everything... even.. chicken.... windsuptastinglikeTribble
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

PackerGreg wrote: This is my pack stove...

Durability: Excellent
Ultralight: Weightless

It breaks down to fit in a saddle bag :D
Hey PG, nice machine especially its portability, perhaps you would like to give us a demo -now that HJ bailed out of the FS stove review- whenever you are around this neck of the woods. I would consider having a road-kill bbq somewhere in the forest where we can get easy access to the recyclable road-kill and thus contribute a share of green living. I would be willing to trade a beer per road-kill until we meet our quota! Also the hand crank rotisserie apparatus looks promising but again, we need to know how long can one crank continually before they bail out cause we need to determine what size animal gets to have the circular fun. Perhaps a freeway- kill might fit this position. Let us know what you think and if you want to go JH way its ok, for it will bring the end of this show.....666