Strawberry Peak: 11-27-2011

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

My evil Uncle, DrinkUp, took some pictures on his hike to Strawberry Peak.

Pics.

Strawberry Peak...

Upper Big Tujunga...

Baldy in the distance...
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

I took the register on my trip up on November 5th. Someone had failed to put the register back properly (they laid the book on the ground and put the ammo can over the top) and the book was soaking wet and falling apart. I was planning on getting in touch with the Sierra Club and seeing if they kept an archive of old registers or not... Does that sound like the proper course of action or should I do something else with it?
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Hey uncle Drink Up,
raising a glass of beer to your health and great thank you for making this trip possible to be able to bring back such great pics and stunning views of BT wilderness and beyond for all us to see and enjoy!!! A clear, sunny and wintery warm day, you were so lucky to be up there and enjoy the 360 pano views. I might consider asking my uncle Lucifer if he might be interested in going for a hell hike up the boulders.........666
AW~

Post by AW~ »

excellent....tell your friend drinkup that my distant relative WA likes Big Tujunga surveys as well :D
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Dude - you totally ratted out Isaac and Chad! :lol:

Nice trip & pics!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

cougarmagic wrote: Dude - you totally ratted out Isaac and Chad! :lol:

Nice trip & pics!
Hey! Isaac is the one who stole the register!!! :D
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

rokclimbr wrote: I took the register on my trip up on November 5th. Someone had failed to put the register back properly (they laid the book on the ground and put the ammo can over the top) and the book was soaking wet and falling apart. I was planning on getting in touch with the Sierra Club and seeing if they kept an archive of old registers or not... Does that sound like the proper course of action or should I do something else with it?
No idea what "should" be done with registers. Not knowing what to do with them I just leave them there to rot.

Not that you asked, but I couldn't care less about them myself. I'll look at them if they are there and don't care if they are not there. Sometimes I sign in, sometimes I don't.
666-The Beast

Post by 666-The Beast »

Concerning the register disposal: once moisture, rodents and some careless humans turn the register into trash, the best course of action is to take the booklet and or loose papers file them in the backpack and when you find the nearest trash can file them in there before they become airborne and pollute the forrest. You did the right thing, now go on and complete the mission, and then return and enjoy these beautiful pics that uncle Drink Up took of the area and be proud that you helped to keep the forrest clean! 666
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Ha! You guys are funny :lol:

Alright I'll throw it away, but only cause you said so.

Glad the knife is still up there though
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

rokclimbr wrote: Glad the knife is still up there though
To fight the bears and cougars with.

Oh shit! My uncle's finger prints are all over it!!!