Bridge To Nowhere Hike

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Passing this along from Richard Nyerges of Bear Canyon Train Crew. If you don't know Richard, he is a trail builder extraordinaire and brother of Christopher Nyerges of Wilderness Way & the School of Self Reliance - good networking opportunity...

"Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that this Saturday we will be hiking to the Bridge to Nowhere. If all goes well, we'll get somewhere!!

Because of the drive for some who will be joining in, lets all try to be at the East Fork parking area between 7:45 & 8:00am Saturday morning.
From the 210 freeway and Azusa Ave you should figure about 30 - 40 minutes just for that drive. My timing might be on the high side but as I always say, better to be safe than sorry.

As far as directions...
Find the 210 freeway and go to Azusa Ave in Azusa.
From Pasadena you will be heading east. From the 57 freeway and 15 freeways you will be heading west.

Be sure to bring a pack with lunch & water. A hat & sunscreen might be welcomed as well. Remember there are many stream crossing and even this late in the year everyone should plan on getting their feet wet. So be ready to just truck on through the crossings. Wear old tennis shoes or any type of hiking shoe you don't mind getting wet.

Plan on about 6 - 7 hours, after all this is a 10 miles r/t hike. That way you can relax and enjoy the day. If you have any afternoon plans, heath issues or feel a need to go fast and rush up and get back, maybe you should do the hike on your own some other time.
Lets all have a good time and enjoy the day.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with me ASAP ([url="mailto:nyerges@sbcglobal.net"]nyerges@sbcglobal.net).

If not, we'll see everyone Saturday morning.
Richard

P.S. If you have any friends that want to join in, by all means invite them. If you know of anyone that might find the hike to their liking, pass this along to them. The more the merrier."