Wild Ponies

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
obie

Post by obie »

Laura was out on her MTB today and came across this herd in the hills above Ukiah. Said they started following her but, she didn't stop - wasn't sure how friendly they are.

everyday

Post by everyday »

Sweet! Ive had 3 horses of my own, I love em! anything that takes me fast I have love for :D super cute ponies! thanx for posting em
obie

Post by obie »

Well, as luck would have it, Limpy comes rumbling down Pineridge Road above Ukiah last weekend, just as we stop to pick some berries under a bridge.

Limpy is the dominant male of the herd that hangs around this stretch of the road. A friend of Country Girls drives up as we're standing in the road trying to figure out how to handle this large 'pony' that is very aggressive and more than a little show-offy about things here. Friend tells us that the corral across the street is always open for the wild horses and ponies, so this herd stays pretty much in the same spot year round. As we leave a couple of full size horses (and a very beautiful colt) wander down the road to check us out. Fun day.