Cottonwood Lakes & New Army Pass

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Last weekend I did a 2 night backpacking trip with some buddies to the Cottonwood Lakes area in the Sierras. It was awesome!!!

Trip report here: http://anendlessroad.com/aer/2011/07/15 ... ood-lakes/
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Most excellent. Great pictures from what sounds like a nice trip. Keep the TR's coming!
Funyan005

Post by Funyan005 »

No mention of the skeeters in your TR. I hope that means they were non existent, but somehow I doubt my wishes come true.
How bad were they up there
Marty

Post by Marty »

The mosquitos were out in force but were only really bad right before sun down. If you camped far enough away from the lakes they probably wouldn't be a problem at all.
rokclimbr

Post by rokclimbr »

Great TR! Looks amazing! :D
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Don't know how I missed this but great shots Marty, that's one of my favorite spots in the Sierra's, less crowds, multiple peaks, good fishing, great views. Thanks for sharing this :D
Marty

Post by Marty »

Thanks for the replies, I'm glad people liked the report. I have to say that for about a week after I got back I couldn't stop thinking about go back out there. ha ha.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

[quote="Marty:] a week after I got back I couldn't stop thinking about go back out there. ha ha.[/quote]

It took you that long? I am usualy plotting and planning my next trip on the hike out! ;)
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Marty wrote: Last weekend I did a 2 night backpacking trip with some buddies to the Cottonwood Lakes area in the Sierras. It was awesome!!!

Trip report here: http://anendlessroad.com/aer/2011/07/15 ... ood-lakes/
Two thumbs up!

And smart move turning around when you did since you didn't have crampons.

HJ