Mt. Islip Via Crystal Lake 6_26_2011

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Logan

Post by Logan »

We went up the Windy Gap trail out of crystal lake campground. It was hot and dry. The water crossings are drying up or getting real small. I wouldnt count on any water until little jimmy spring. The weather was great and views spectacular.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Nice work Logan (& Family), looks like you completed the run up Islip from the last hike where you camped out - looks like all kinds of "eispiraten's" have been getting up there lately - I swear I don't know who covered the PCT symbol with a sticker :wink: on that sign

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the TR
Burchey

Post by Burchey »

Nice on the hat/pail. Do you think a filter was necessary? I think I treat water way more than I need to, to be honest.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Very nice pictures and report. Thanks for posting and sharing.
Logan

Post by Logan »

lilbitmo wrote: Nice work Logan (& Family), looks like you completed the run up Islip from the last hike where you camped out - looks like all kinds of "eispiraten's" have been getting up there lately - I swear I don't know who covered the PCT symbol with a sticker :wink: on that sign

Normally I try not to sticker forest service signs but since the PCT symbol was already gone... it just needed a little Schnee love.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Burchey wrote: Nice on the hat/pail. Do you think a filter was necessary? I think I treat water way more than I need to, to be honest.
I have drank that water straight before with no ill effects. I too overtreat the water but since it doesnt hurt to treat the water I do it just in case.
Logan

Post by Logan »

Elwood wrote: Very nice pictures and report. Thanks for posting and sharing.
Thanks Elwood.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Logan wrote:
lilbitmo wrote: Nice work Logan (& Family), looks like you completed the run up Islip from the last hike where you camped out - looks like all kinds of "eispiraten's" have been getting up there lately - I swear I don't know who covered the PCT symbol with a sticker :wink: on that sign

Normally I try not to sticker forest service signs but since the PCT symbol was already gone... it just needed a little Schnee love.
That's funny and why I mentioned it because 10 days ago I had left stickers at a few other places and I was down to one and almost did the same thing, but ran into a guy on Islip that had not heard of the board so I gave him my last one so he could check out the board. They need to replace that sign or freshen it up a bit anyways, but I'll bet a few people will investigate the board just because of that. :D