Mt Waterman Question

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
shreddy

Post by shreddy »

Hi all,

Went to Waterman yesterday. Wanted to do the Waterman trail, but somehow missed it and took one of the fire roads up to the ski area. Upon return I found the singletrack Waterman Trail.

At the top of Waterman I poked around the ski area and top of chair #2 and #3 ridge.Looking south from that ridge there is a depression and then another ridge. I was tempted to hike down the depression and up to the other ridge. It's didn't look too far and odds of getting lost seemed slim, but still I didn't explore since I was alone. I also saw what I thought was a trail on that other ridge area.

My question: Is the area I'm trying to describe a part of Waterman. Not sure if my description is helpful, but if someone would shed some light I'd appreciate it. I'll go grab some topo maps in the meantime
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

That ridge you saw to the south, across that depression, is indeed the high point of Mt. Waterman. From the top of the ski lifts you can follow a sort of ridge that curves around on the west side of that depression to get to it.
shreddy

Post by shreddy »

Thanks HikeUp. Next time I'm up there I'll check it out. Here are some pics if anyone is interested
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 277f2dfa3e