Echo Mountain Graffiti Removal July 9th - 8:00am

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Forwarding this from Richard Nyerges:

"Hi Everyone,

On July 9th there will be a group going up to Echo Mtn to remove all the graffiti and clean up the trash at the historic site. If you have ever been up there and I know many of you have, the graffiti is unbelievable. My good friend, Danny Treadway is hosting the graffiti removal. He has gone up there countless times removing all the graffiti only to have it appear back in short order.

We will be driving up on a closed road that will get us to within 3/4 of a mile of Echo. We will be locking the gate on the road behind us. Trucks work best since the road might have some areas where high clearance is needed. I have seen cars drive up the road but you can ask Danny, he will know what's best.

Anyone with time issues should not sign up because you will have no way out until we all leave as a group. That being said, we should be wrapping things up around 1pm.

Meeting Location: We will be meeting at Farnsworth Park just off of Lake Ave, in Altadena. At 8am. From the 210 freeway in Pasadena, exit Lake Ave. Drive north towards the mountains. The park will be on the left side of Lake Ave. as you drive up. We will be meeting in the first parking lot on Mount Curve Ave.

Anyone who knows where Chaney Trail is can meet us at the gate on Sunset Ridge @ 8:30am. That is where I will be, Danny will meet others at the park @ 8:00am.

L A County Farnsworth Park -
568 E. Mount Curve Avenue
Altadena, CA

Bring the usual, clothing that you don't mind getting paint on. Old gloves if you have them. Water and a snack. A good sun hat will do wonders. Nothing else is needed. All equipment will be provided. Hiking distances should be no more than 1.5 miles round trip.

Please e-mail [[url="mailto:dayhiker86@msn.com"]Danny and [url="mailto:nyerges@sbcglobal.net"]Richard] if you can join us on this well needed work detail. This way Danny & I know you are coming. If you have any questions, please reply all as well. Danny will get back to you in a timely manner.

Thank you for your continued support at keeping the forest looking good.

See You On The Mountain
Richard"