Mountain road-trip pics

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
everyday

Post by everyday »

My first real trip out going someplace new with people (since my surgery) was this past week. Took Taco, as my tour-guide/driver, with me since I totally didnt know the San Gabriel area at all :D
went to Baldy village , then cruised up to crystal lake (awesome chili dogs and breakfast burritos at the lil food place up there! you MUST eat there if youre in the area! ), and later came down to coachella valley and drove up 74 to Idyllwild
and went up Tahquitz peak.(on the trail, no climbing for me, yet...)

Not sure having this guy
drive is going to be the best idea, but ok....

Parked near Crystal lake

Lake

above lake, climbing up scree covered hill

some trail maintenance around the lake....

and to San J's area...

and a V10 R8 I spotted in palm desert on our way to hwy 74...he was parked at the 99 cent store.... :shock:
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

Up the 39 to GMR to GRR to baldy village, down mountain to the 210 is a really fun drive through the san gabes.

I used to take the g/f up through there once a month. Mountain driving is expensive now adays.

How goes the healing process?
everyday

Post by everyday »

Its going good. All healed. Just a tiny bit of swelling in my face, but no one really notices unless they knew me pre-surgery.

And ya, we went on a few different roads out there. I think also GRR and 39...It was really fun!
And yeah, fuel is a lil expensive for just cruising, but I dont commute for work, so my car pretty much ONLY goes out for mountain drives, road-trips or autoX. I barely use 1 tank of gas per month normally.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I miss the days when I could drive up there. Thanks again for letting me relive the past. :-)