San Gabriel River Bike Trail Thing

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

You know, the one that starts up in Azusa and ends in Seal Beach (or vice versa)? Well, I'm trying to gauge interest in a day where some folks from here would like to do a meetup at the beach, have a bonfire, tell lies, that kinda fun. Obviously planning on riding the road down to get there. Anyone interested?
Zach

Post by Zach »

sign me up
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Hell yeah son!
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

Haha, I would have to ride up halfway and meet you, otherwise it'd be a short ride to the beach.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

This is true.

My buddy and I rode part of it today. What a depressing world of crap Los Angeles is. Complete waste. I'm going to ride as fast as possible to escape from all that crap. Is it any better at the beach?
bertfivesix

Post by bertfivesix »

It's kind of 'meh' all the way down, I mean you're riding the SG river; it doesn't get prettier going south. The neighborhood gets better, but the concrete:nature ratio gets much higher.

But once you get into Seal Beach you can either exit into old town and drink (my SOP), or dead end into the beach and have beachtime fun. Oh, and you can turn around. Turn around and go home.
obie

Post by obie »

Taco wrote: Is it any better at the beach?
Uh...no.

'cept maybe if it's 110 degs. inland and then that ride is worth it. The road surface is another story.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

bertfivesix wrote: Oh, and you can turn around. Turn around and go home.
HAHAHAHAAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't mind the concrete, I just don't like the garbage and shopping carts and all of the trash.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

I did it the downwards direction once. "Meh" is about right. Wouldn't voluntarily do it again.
Sashimi

Post by Sashimi »

I'm good to go. Let me know when.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Might go sometime this week!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I'm going this Wednesday night with a buddy. So far, I'm riding the bike trail alone, and meeting my buddy or buddies down in Seal Beach. Aiming to be down there an hour or so before sunset, so 6pm or so. Again, the bike trail ends in Seal Beach.