driving to Idyllwild

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
everyday

Post by everyday »

-Sweet! you added driving! youre the best Ryan Image
now i can post my "TR" from last week! :D

Ok, some of you know, I had major jaw surgery 2 weeks ago, so I cant hike n run around at all. but, I was goin crazy
after being trapped indoors for 10 days, so I went for a cruz up 74 last wednesday for some fresh air and speed.
I was really lucky, in that my whole way up 74 there was NO one in front of me. which was so cool, cause a slow
moving chicane woulda totally ruined half my reasons for going. anyway, i felt a million times better after my drive.It was
good to get the car out too because she'd been just sitting fo 9 days..

On that long strait through the trees I got to go 100 since no one was in my way. (she can go 140, but didnt feel like pushing it because after sittin in bed so long, 100 felt plenty fine for now :D ) And my car was lovin the nice cold air, it always amazes me how much of a difference I can feel in the car between hotter n colder air. anyway, heres a few pics

The back side of San Jacinto (as oposed to the palm springs side anyway..

Its fukn cold as hell up here! (6500-ish) I wasnt thinkin n only wore shorts n a tank-top, and its like 8Am

Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

everyday wrote: On that long strait through the trees I got to go 100 since no one was in my way. (she can go 140, but didnt feel like pushing it because after sittin in bed so long, 100 felt plenty fine for now :D )
The ever conservative Ms. Torrey. :lol:
everyday wrote: cold as hell up here! (6500-ish) I wasnt thinkin n only wore shorts n a tank-top, and its like 8Am
Do you wear heels when you ride the tram? :wink:

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

heels?? I dont get it. anyways, no. Im 5'8, i dont need heels, and theyd make me 6 ft tall which would be weird, anyway i dont even own a pair of high heels. and i never ride the tram UP anyways, only down
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

I is making joke, tall girl.

Peoples who don't know mountains come up from the desert in shorts n' stuff. The classic is the woman who wears heels up to the top of the tram and tries to walk around in the snow.

HJ
everyday

Post by everyday »

Oh, ok. I see. I wore shorts n tank top cause i knew itd be hot wen i went back home, and i was excited to just be going out, so i didnt think of bringing a sweater.. But Ya, ive seen tourists out here on art smith trail in sandals! theres rattlesnakes like everywhere on that trail in april/may. I love tellin em all that wen i see em, they look all scared, rofl. they say "really??" Im like ya, duh, its the freakin desert fool. some people... :roll:
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

There are snakes in the desert!? :shock: :wink:

HJ