icehouse canyon snowshoeing pics, 3.22.11

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

got out to icehouse for a bit yesterday, after our trip to second lake in the eastern sierra was messed up by this weird late season storm. lots of fresh powder, lots of beautiful scenery...and lots of trees crashing and falling over all around us! craziness!

not sure how to hyperlink the photos individually, so here is a public facebook link.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 0dff63ac90
TracieB

Post by TracieB »

Wow Looks like a lot of snow in IceHouse! Nice!!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Cool stuff.

I tried a direct link to one of the photos, but Facebook gave me the boot. Looks like they don't want direct linking.

HJ
Funyan005

Post by Funyan005 »

I <3 my arete. Have both the old 2 person and the new 3 person. Amazing tent thats held up to way more than I ever expected
Burchey

Post by Burchey »

Funyan005 wrote: I <3 my arete. Have both the old 2 person and the new 3 person. Amazing tent thats held up to way more than I ever expected
I was wondering what tent that was. I considered that one when I got my 4season because I love my halfdome so much.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

That was a CLASSIC itinerary! I'm definitely going to try that sometime. If I get lazy, I might just skip the first four attempted destinations and head straight for Icehouse Canyon.

:D
norma r

Post by norma r »

:D LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IHC right after or during a storm. that took a lot of gas for you to get there :shock: but you found magic. cool for you!
KathyW

Post by KathyW »

It looks like it was beautiful out there.
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

That was a CLASSIC itinerary! I'm definitely going to try that sometime. If I get lazy, I might just skip the first four attempted destinations and head straight for Icehouse Canyon.
HAHA! Nice, Sam. It was a good two days to make rookie mistakes... we all need those days... now I'm ready to start making expert decisions... :shock:
Illusive

Post by Illusive »

Cool pics, haven't gone through icehouse canyon in the snow yet.