Bowling on Saturday

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy All :)

Thanks to Aaron (Quest for BCM), Kathy Wing and everyone else in the group for a great day 8) On my fourth trip up the Baldy bowl, the conditions were finally good enough to glissade down. My glissade speed is not fast but it beats walking :lol:

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Nice work Ellen - glad you had a great day :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Hi Ellen! 8)
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy Taco :)

It's been great reading your posts on my "home" board -- San J. Looking forward to your trip report of your absolutely legal :wink: technical climb.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
norma r

Post by norma r »

Ellen,
glad you had fun knocking down pins on Mt. San Antonio! i saw Kathy's photos of the day and it looked really purdy! congrats on enjoying the glissade. it's not how fast you go, it's how much fun you have (safely)!! cool weekend for you to get in another two'fer!

i was up there yesterday, the wind was howling and we got hit with zero viz on the summit. that mtn always earns your respect.

cheers!
norma
simonov

Post by simonov »

norma r wrote: i was up there yesterday and the wind was howling and we got hit with zero viz on the summit. that mtn always earns your respect.
Yeah, we headed back down from about 9,500 and when we got to the Ski Hut the clouds had moved in, obscuring the summit.
Nunc est bibendum
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy Norma,

Thanks -- it was a lot of fun 8) I'll never forget my first time up the bowl with you, Lilbitmo, Dave G, Taco and Zach in the fall of 2009 when it was icy and we had to hike down the summer route.

It was windy on top of San Jacinto yesterday too, but nothing like the wind I've experienced on top of Baldy. I think Baldy is "special" when it comes to being windy.

Hope to climb with you soon.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

It was indeed a great climb. I hope to keep climbing with you in the future Ellen and to climb with you all soon.