Feb or March Baldy Climb

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

Anyone interested in doing baldy in Feb or March. Just as a climb no tutorials just go for a fun climb?
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I recommend that you join Kurt Wedberg's group hike up Baldy from Manker Flat this coming Friday (see this thread, particularly Kurt's post on January 25). Kurt's hikes attract a varied crew and are always fun for all. Meet at Manker Flat at 6 AM on Friday, February 11.
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

Thanks so much dude! That sounds great! I will try to get out of school but I think I can because climbing is part of my senior project so I can get out of school as part of my project.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

QuestforBCM wrote: Thanks so much dude! That sounds great! I will try to get out of school but I think I can because climbing is part of my senior project so I can get out of school as part of my project.
That is so not fair.

:lol:

HJ
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Hikin_Jim wrote:
QuestforBCM wrote: Thanks so much dude! That sounds great! I will try to get out of school but I think I can because climbing is part of my senior project so I can get out of school as part of my project.
That is so not fair.

:lol:

HJ
Had I tried that they would have laughed in my face (the highest spot in Michigan is 1,700 feet) I'll second that part about not fair - I took all the wrong classes in HS :shock: :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

I wish I had that as a project, instead of configuring DHCP and MS Exchange servers *head explodes*.

Good luck! I envy you!
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

ahaha It's a requirement to graduate from my high school honors program and it could be anything so i chose mountain climbing and to fundraise for Big City Mountaineers independently of the Summit for Someone program. Thanks for the well wishes.
simonov

Post by simonov »

I believe Kurt Wedberg is involved in some way with Big City Mountaineers.
Nunc est bibendum
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

AlanK wrote: I recommend that you join Kurt Wedberg's group hike up Baldy from Manker Flat this coming Friday (see this thread, particularly Kurt's post on January 25). Kurt's hikes attract a varied crew and are always fun for all. Meet at Manker Flat at 6 AM on Friday, February 11.
Kurt is not going to be able to make his own hike. :cry: HE posted on the WPS Board today.
Hey Gang,

It is with sadness that regretfully I need to bow out of the group hike on Friday. I'd encourage anybody who wants to still go (although getting into the Hut probably won't be able to happen).

I look forward to seeing many of you at the stores!

All the best,

Kurt
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

I heard he emailed me this morning. I hope I can still go my parents are the only thing standing in my way. I just need to find out who is heading the hike now? Thanks for the update.
DukeJH

Post by DukeJH »

Kurt guides multiple trips for the Summit for Someone program including Whitney, Mexico Volcanoes and Kilimanjaro.
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

Well sadly none of these plans worked out. So do you guys want to plan a baldy climb for March?
QuestforBCM

Post by QuestforBCM »

Im planning a baldy climb for mid march after this storm which should drop some good snow on the mountain. If you interested go to http://www.meetup.com/SoCal-Hikers-and-Peakbaggers/