Stoves for Sale; I Buy Stoves

Clothes, tools, technology, nutrition, training, techniques, etc.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

STOVES FOR SALE
So, a lot of you know that I collect stoves. In the process of getting the collectibles, sometimes I come across a deal on a modern stove.

If you need a stove, shop around a bit so you know what things cost, then come see me. I won't have every stove, but I usually have a number of stoves, and I can usually do a lot better than retail.

I BUY STOVES
If you have an old backpacking stove that you don't want, I might buy it. I'm primarily interested in old backpacking stoves, particularly old brass stoves and old MSR stoves, but what the heck run it by me. See examples of what I'd be interested in below. It doesn't necessarily have to be in working order. I'm generally not interested in big "suitcase" type stoves like a Coleman two burner unless it's really old.

HJ

Examples of stoves I'd be interested in:
Pretty much any MSR stove, particularly the MSR XGK series of stoves (Models 9, 9A, MF, G, GK, XGK, XGK II, and XGK EX).

Old brass stoves. Examples:
Svea 123 or 123R
Optimus 00, Optimus 8R, Optimus 80, Optimus 96, Optimus 99, Optimus 111, Optimus 199, etc.
Primus 71, Primus 96, Primus 210

Pretty much any old Radius, Optimus, Lux, Monitor, Primus, or Svea stove.

Coleman "X" stoves (Xpert, Xtreme, and Xpedition).
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

I made a solar oven to heat up some ramen noodles the other day and I still have the aluminum foil. Are you interested? It needs to be cleaned up but it's very lightweight and compact! :wink:

Seriously, sounds like a neat hobbyand/or ebay biz.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

PackerGreg wrote: I made a solar oven to heat up some ramen noodles the other day and I still have the aluminum foil. Are you interested? It needs to be cleaned up but it's very lightweight and compact! :wink:

Seriously, sounds like a neat hobbyand/or ebay biz.
Hi, Greg,

Mostly a hobby. One that my wife thoroughly enjoys and encourages. :roll: :lol:

I've got enough stoves to do my Stove of the Week posts and then some; probably at least 18mos worth.

I haven't tried selling on eBay although I might. Most of my sales are to friends or via word of mouth, although I did go to the CalTech Alpine Club Gear Swap last year, and I do sometimes sell at Sierra Club events. It's all pretty informal and it's for darn sure I ain't making any money on it. :lol: There's some money in it if you find something really rare, but that doesn't happen often, and it's certainly not enough to finance my addiction, er, hobby.

HJ
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

You should run all the stoves simultaneously. Instant Youtube sensation.
Burchey

Post by Burchey »

Good call, Taco. All time biggest waste of stove-fuel/second!

Jim is like Stove-the-kid. I'm impressed.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Taco wrote: You should run all the stoves simultaneously. Instant Youtube sensation.
Nah, the impending carbon tax would make it too pricey - unless Jim calls it "performance art", in which case he could probably get a waiver, and a grant from the National Endowment for the Arts to boot. :roll:
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would probably end poorly. Think of that lady that spins 10 basketballs all at once, except with Jim, and engulfed in flames.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Taco wrote: You should run all the stoves simultaneously. Instant Youtube sensation.
Dude, I'd have to rent a gym just to lay 'em all out. I'm sure I've got over 100 stoves now.

I can quit any time. :lol:

HJ
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Taco wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It would probably end poorly. Think of that lady that spins 10 basketballs all at once, except with Jim, and engulfed in flames.
Whoa, now there's a visual. :shock: Thanks for the good thought there, Taco. :lol:

That would be kind of a challenge to see how many stoves I could get going at once. Freakin' logistics nightmare though. I'd have to buy humongous amounts of fuel and dozens of canisters. And where do I do this little bad boy burn? I'm sure Angeles National Forest is just dying to have me do this. :roll:

But this might just be my ticket into the Guinness Book of World Records. :lol:

HJ
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

It's promising.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Picture this: 100's of stoves. Top of Baldy. With the Aetherians.

They'll finally discover the secret power source all right. :lol:

HJ
Johnny Bronson

Post by Johnny Bronson »

what in the world....hahaa
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Bleve, baby, bleve. The fun starts around 1:22

HJ