South Fork Meadows

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

Ron and I went up the South Fork this AM. 4 wheel drive need from Angelus Oaks to the parking lot. About 6" of new snow at the trailhead, 18" at Poopout Hill and 3' in the meadows. Snow is heavy and wet. Postholing 6" or so with snowshoes. Took turns breaking trail, 5.5 hours to get to South Fork Meadows, 2.5 to get back to the trailhead. Lots of downed trees and the snow is weighing down a lot of the tree limbs. San G looked like it had a lot of snow on it, i would stay away from the steeper slopes for a while. Pictures are here
norma r

Post by norma r »

Sa-weeeeet! :D

I love breaking trail out there on the SF. Glad you had a great time. What a dump! I figured the snow would be heavy since it wasn't the coldest of storms. Burns those quads to break trail in heavy snow. Good work!
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Very cool! Awesome looking!

Thanks!
He219

Post by He219 »

Niice!
Thanks for the recon, Mark!
Cheers-
:D
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

Nice outing, Mark! It's always a treat to snowshoe South Fork after a storm! 8)
Was the TH parking area plowed?
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

Dave, the parking lot was partially plowed, it was icy in the AM, better in the afternoon. Jenks Lake Road was plowed, but a little icy, no chains needed on the 38 to Jenks Lake Road in the afternoon.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

Thanks for linking to those great photos. San Gorgonio is looking seriously white!