20101204-5 East Fork through trip

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Some buddies and I hiked Vincent Gap to Heaton flat this weekend.

• Ladybugs! (around mine fork and south of fish fork)
• Gorgeous orange rosy boa (seemed to be stuck between the river and cliff walls so we relocated him to a slightly drier climate).
• I was waiting for a while in the morning for another group to join us, so I left a decent bit of fire wood at Mine Fork camp. :)

• LOTS of fresh graffiti between Heaton and the third crossing. In one case it easily covered a 6x10 foot boulder :evil: I'm not against trail building, but it sure seems that the easier it gets, the further north the graffiti goes.

Wait, I take it back. I'm against the trail building. Is there some way to make the first crossing an SRT ascent or V9 bouldering problem?
Bill

Post by Bill »

davantalus wrote:
• LOTS of fresh graffiti between Heaton and the third crossing. In one case it easily covered a 6x10 foot boulder :evil: I'm not against trail building, but it sure seems that the easier it gets, the further north the graffiti goes.

Wait, I take it back. I'm against the trail building. Is there some way to make the first crossing an SRT ascent or V9 bouldering problem?
It's baffling why people want to mark up the rocks! :?
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Pictures?

There has been the closure of the East Fork road. Lot of the graffiti that would be put downstream is now hitting Heaton.

As far as making it more difficult, from what Ive seen, people have done it way more difficult than it needs to be already. Pretty much, that route is given next to zero seriousness by a good amount of people.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Unfortunately no pictures, I was running video on this trip so it will be a while until that sees the far end of the editing table.