Deep Creek Hot Springs

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
robnokshus

Post by robnokshus »

Has anyone been to Deep Creek Hot Springs lately? I haven't been in years. I mean a LOT of years! From what I can tell, you can still park at Bowen Ranch and hike down. I also recall that you need to cross the creek to get to the pools and I'm wondering about the water level in the creek this time of year and just general conditions, crowds, etc...

My wife has never been and I would like to take her. We could both use a good soak.
gwjones00

Post by gwjones00 »

yobtaf

Post by yobtaf »

well this is from one of the trip reports on that forum

All in all, a nice day marred by the ever present refuse and the surprise to me and to a young couple I was guiding to private beaches upstream when we happened upon two men having sex right on the trail! Luckily, the young kids were amused by the spectacle and they were amazed by the beauty of the upstream beaches and ever-fascinating Deep Creek.

I live in Apple Valley and wont go there because of that and all the trash up there. :roll:
Zach

Post by Zach »

I'd agree with yobtaf, my experience there was of the same sorts except it was taking place in the pool next to ours. Gross. Anyways, I think the problem is that its the closest hot springs to major civilization and just attracts the debauchery and lots of illicit drug users. Best hot springs are up north near Mammoth!