Movie

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Thursday the 4th of November - midnight

I'm thinking about catching the midnight showing of "127 hours" at the Hollywood ArcLight.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/127_hours/

Anyone interested?

Lilbitmo? ;)
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Is that the only place it's showing?

I have previous commitment on Thursday nights till 8:30 all the way down in Laguna Niguel don't get back to my end of town till 9ish.

I have to work Friday morning so that's not the ideal place or time, but I did read the book, that was crazy what he resorted to doing - just reading it made me cringe.

Let me think about it :D
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

SNAFU. Maybe this is obvious to everyone but me?

I received a confirmation email stating: "Thursday Nov 04 12:05AM"

When I showed up at the theater at the specified time they told me I'd have to come back the next day.

They then handed me the ticket and it said, "Friday Nov 05 12:05 AM"

So I bitched and they comp'd me two tickets, said "sorry" and explained that more people get confused if they print the date the correct way.

Long story short, I have TWO extra tickets I don't see myself using anytime soon if anyone wants to join me... TOMORROW evening. :{

First dibs to lilbitmo for replying.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

davantalus wrote:SNAFU. Maybe this is obvious to everyone but me?

I received a confirmation email stating: "Thursday Nov 04 12:05AM"

When I showed up at the theater at the specified time they told me I'd have to come back the next day.

They then handed me the ticket and it said, "Friday Nov 05 12:05 AM"

So I bitched and they comp'd me two tickets, said "sorry" and explained that more people get confused if they print the date the correct way.

Long story short, I have TWO extra tickets I don't see myself using anytime soon if anyone wants to join me... TOMORROW evening. :{

First dibs to lilbitmo for replying.
And I also thought you meant Thursday night going into Friday morning when you posted the time - I'm thinking they should put the times back 10 mintues to get rid of confusion - I'm just not going to make it, I have a file that needs my full attention over then next 5 days and includes being available to make decisions first thing in the morning tomorrow, sorry.

Dav, Maybe next time - thanks for the invite, are the tickets only good for tonight? Or are they open ended for a month? :?:
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

No problems! Maybe next time.

The extra tix are open ended.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I would - but I already bought my tickets for Saturday night!

The buzz on this one is great. I'm looking forward to it.
davantalus

Post by davantalus »

Attempt number two on the Hollywood Arclight was a success. Movie was lots of fun and totally worth the trip... twice.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

davantalus wrote:No problems! Maybe next time.

The extra tix are open ended.
I'll take those tickets if no one has claimed them, I'll just go in the next two weeks, send me a message on my email that I gave you last week, check you in box for that.

:D Thanks in advance
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

davantalus wrote:Movie was lots of fun and totally worth the trip... twice.
I was not disappointed. I thought it was very well done. I already knew the story inside and out, so some of the suspense was lost on me, but it was great to hear the audience's collective gasps at certain points. That doesn't happen very often!

It seemed kind of weird that so many people were there to see this as their Saturday night entertainment...but I think it still was not gratuitous at all.

There were a few other scenes more disturbing to me than the amputation. Was that your experience too?

And did you wet yourself over the trailer for Sanctum? :lol: