Mt. Baldy, South Ridge

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

On Saturday, Dave G and I climbed the complete South Ridge of Mt. Baldy. After one hour of horrendous bushwhacking, we enjoyed over 2,000 vertical feet of pristine ridge climbing. Then we intersected the Ski Hut Trail and joined the masses.

Here is my trip report.
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

You guys are ani-mules! Congrats on completing the route.

I find it amazing how quickly the goat path on RR has become such an easily recognized trail..

Great pics, as well, guys!
MattCav

Post by MattCav »

Nice job, great report and pics! I've never done that route, looks like a lot of fun.
norma r

Post by norma r »

'cept for the bushwacking that looked fun! :D Glad you guys had a great time. Sorry i missed it but i chose to destroy my vascular system (major bruises) on a canyon way west of you. Won't be doing that again. It's fun, but hiking, climbing, investigating and challenging myself with routes less traveled i find way funner.

so RR is no longer Baldy's best kept secret? :( maybe we should plant some Poodle-dog bush near the TH. :twisted:
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

Nope. Of the trail routes, guess it defaults now to the other backbone...
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

norma r wrote:so RR is no longer Baldy's best kept secret? :( maybe we should plant some Poodle-dog bush near the TH. :twisted:
I say we start an even tougher route halfway between the HUT and RR, one that goes up that steep canyon before the switchbacks, one that only a few of us know about, one that is steeper than RR so only those willing to suffer the pain of true adventure will dare attempt :shock: :D
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Or climb the steepest line in the Bowl, named after a condiment. :lol:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

TacoDelRio wrote:Or climb the steepest line in the Bowl, named after a condiment. :lol:
You're sending the guy up Trojan Chute?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

AlanK wrote:
TacoDelRio wrote:Or climb the steepest line in the Bowl, named after a condiment. :lol:
You're sending the guy up Trojan Chute?