The colors of fall 10/17/10

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Took a walk down the South Fork trail from Islip Saddle. We wandered down toward the creek bottom in a relatively gentle canyon/avy chute.

Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

dear lord that last photo may give me nightmares
turtle

Post by turtle »

Great pictures, thanks for posting! Turns out my coworker was asking me about recommendations for fall foliage in the San Gabriels. Now I know where to send him. :D
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Good photos CM! (well, except maybe that last one) :shock: :wink:

HJ
norma r

Post by norma r »

i knew what i was going to write as i looked at the great composition in your shots, then i read the other posts and realized we all had the same feeling... painful feeling! beautiful photos, 'cept for the last one... and i don't even react to Poison Oak, but that close-up was "too close" for comfort.

glad you got out there CM, since the storms this week will probably blow all those leaves off. Bye, bye...
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

They're all good photos; well composed. The little mini water fall one is my fav.

HJ
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

cougarmagic wrote:Took a walk down the South Fork trail from Islip Saddle. We wandered down toward the creek bottom in a relatively gentle canyon/avy chute.

I started itching the minute I opened this post, I'm stracthing now as I remark on this picture - I'm headed to the bathroom to get some Calamine Lotion to put on the screen and my keyboard, that's how easy it is for me to get affected by that crap :shock:
norma r

Post by norma r »

Patrick... thanks for the laugh. :P