Jody Noiron- New Forest Supervisor for San Bernardino NF

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

All Inquires - Contact: Stanton Florea (707) 562-9014

Jody Noiron Named New Forest Supervisor for the San Bernardino National Forest

VALLEJO, Calif., Oct. 8, 2010 – USDA Forest Service Regional Forester Randy Moore today announced Jody Noiron as the new Forest Supervisor for the San Bernardino National Forest in southern California.

Noiron is currently the Forest Supervisor of the adjacent Angeles National Forest, where she has held that post for ten years. She replaces Jeanne Wade Evans, who left in August to become Deputy Regional Forester for all National Forests in California.

“Jody brings a wealth of natural resource experience and strong leadership skills to the new position, having served as the Angeles Forest Supervisor since 2000,” said Moore. “The San Bernardino is one of the most heavily visited and complex national forests in our nation. With Jeanne Wade Evans’ recent move to the Regional office as Deputy Regional Forester, we’re pleased to have another strong Forest Supervisor who brings a wealth of experience in natural resource and land management.”

Previously, Noiron has held the position of Deputy Regional Forester for Resources for all National Forests in California, Hawaii and the Pacific Islands as well as Deputy Forest Supervisor for the Plumas National Forest. She began her career in 1983 as an engineer on the Jefferson National Forest in Virginia and has gained experience in a variety of other positions in the agency at both the local and national level.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

poor bastards

good riddance!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

So is someone else going to be Supervisor for the Angeles now? Or is she going to ruin both?

I'm sorry, that was out of line. The Angeles is ALREADY ruined, of course.
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

I 'd be willing to bet Marty Dumpis will be the new Supervisor for the Angeles NF.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

For fucks sake. This is ridiculous.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

Hey, you guys got your wish, she's out of the Angeles. Why the sad faces?

Granted, I know some of you would prefer she'd be a little further away, or probably more accurately, rousted and hung by a tree in a public hanging- but we can't have everything.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

In the corporate world, this is called getting kicked upstairs. You want to get rid of someone, but for whatever reason firing is not an option. So, they get promoted to a job in another division. At least, they are gone from what they screwed up.
Zach

Post by Zach »

RichardK wrote:In the corporate world, this is called getting kicked upstairs. You want to get rid of someone, but for whatever reason firing is not an option. So, they get promoted to a job in another division. At least, they are gone from what they screwed up.
I thought that was called "sleeping your way to the top." Or being, "asleep at the wheel."

Sounds like she's a tornado... you're just thankful she's gone but now you have to clean up her path of destruction.

Who is Jody?
MtnMan

Post by MtnMan »

Technically, it's more of a lateral transfer, not a promotion. It's the same position, just on a different forest.

And yes, she may be leaving some of the issues with the Angeles, but she is still going to be largely involved in all the legalities of the Station Fire litigation.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

make her crawl through the hillsides of Cow Canyon
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

MtnMan wrote:I know some of you would prefer she'd be a little further away, or probably more accurately, rousted and hung by a tree in a public hanging.
I'm willing to settle for a nice tar & feathering. :)

HJ
EManBevHills

Post by EManBevHills »

In days of olde, there would have been chants of "Off With Her Head"!
(I think I wrote this B4.)

And yep, just as the investigations are beginning to finally reveal "The Truth", she gets moved out -- as expected.

NO accountability on any level. NO surprises there, either.

Obfuscate, deny, pretend, lie, etc. Whatever it takes to maintain one's position. The public be damned.

Is it so hard to admit a mistake? I thought that's how we, as people -- and a society -- evolve.

And don't forget it's your duty as a citizen to vote for the A-hole of your reluctant choice...Wish we could just vote NO to any and all of them!
Richard N.

Post by Richard N. »

Why the sad faces???

Hell, I've been spending most of my time in the San Bernardino's the last 14 months and now she's going to let that forest burn to the ground. :x
What a person to do??