Climber "Rescued" in Dana Point

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
Zach

Post by Zach »

simonov

Post by simonov »

When I was a kid, maybe 12 years old, a buddy and I decided to hike along the shoreline from Dana Strands beach to Dana Point Harbor, around the headlands (basically crawling along rocks and tidepools, plus a big cave). The tide came in and we had to go up. I guess it was my first real climb. Pretty crazy and dangerous, looking back.

I found a working flashlight poking out of the side of the cliff, it was stamped Department of the Interior or something like that. Always wondered how the hell it got there.

This was the kind of stuff kids did back then. It almost never made the newspapers.
Nunc est bibendum
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

simonov wrote:When I was a kid, maybe 12 years old, a buddy and I decided to hike along the shoreline from Dana Strands beach to Dana Point Harbor, around the headlands (basically crawling along rocks and tidepools, plus a big cave). The tide came in and we had to go up. I guess it was my first real climb. Pretty crazy and dangerous, looking back.

I found a working flashlight poking out of the side of the cliff, it was stamped Department of the Interior or something like that. Always wondered how the hell it got there.

This was the kind of stuff kids did back then. It almost never made the newspapers.
I did stuff like that too, but mostly in the Verdugo Mountains near my home. It was considered normal for kids to be outdoors and for kids to be adventurous. At the time I hated it when dad made me turn off the TV and "go outside and play". Looking back, I'm danged glad that he did.

HJ
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Does he have a guitar with him? Sure looks like it.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

he will be booked on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
That explains everything. :shock:
Zach

Post by Zach »

Layne Cantrell

Post by Layne Cantrell »

hvydrt wrote:
he will be booked on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance.
That explains everything. :shock:
Oh, my! I certainly hope it wasn't marijuana. Better control that there substance, ahtellya.