Icehouse Canyon Ranger Station

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

For about two months, the forest service has opened a mini ranger station in the Icehouse Canyon parking lot. You can buy an Adventure Pass or get free maps and brochures or get a wilderness permit. I think I saw a similar operation at the lower fire station where a lot of people use the creek. I applaud any increase in forest service presence in the field even if the primary purpose is fee collection. However small, it is a step in the right direction.
simonov

Post by simonov »

Last time I was there, the ranger manning the station was Korean, which I think is also a smart move.
Nunc est bibendum
outwhere

Post by outwhere »

RichardK wrote:I applaud any increase in forest service presence in the field even if the primary purpose is fee collection.
Yes, agreed with! Maybe they can print up a little flyer that tips people off about the ultra-moron that is running around up there marking the trees and rocks with that orange spray paint. What a bone head.

I still think we need to pool our money and send Taco up there in his digital camouflage - hmmm what else should he take with him :twisted: :P :twisted: