Camp Sierra Trail Restoration Meeting

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

From the Altadena Blog: http://www.altadenablog.com/2010/07/the ... -7-pm.html

Next Tues., July 13, at 7 PM , I will be presenting a PowerPoint slideshow on the Camp Sierra Trail which runs from the Cobb Estate up the west ridge above Las Flores Canyon and then to Camp Sierra. The presentation will be made at the monthly Altadena Crest Trail Restoration Working Group (ACTRWG) meeting which is held at the Altadena Community Center located at 730 E. Altadena Drive.

The show was originally put together for a May 2010 presentation to the Forest Service as part of a pitch to have the trail restored. It is my hope that restoration of the trail will be part of the master plan for the Cobb Estate. It is also possible that a restored Camp Sierra Trail may serve to close the “Skylane Gap” in the Altadena Crest Trail.

This is a nice trail with strong historical documentation in the form of maps, aerial photographs, newspaper articles and trail site artifacts [see examples attached]. A restored trail would complete a nice loop from Cobb Estate up to Camp Sierra, over to Echo Mountain and down the Sam Merrill.

This will be the first in a series of presentations I plan to do on the major “Forgotten Trails of Altadena”. These will not be nostalgia shows though history will play a role. Rather it is my hope to see all these trails restored.

Paul Ayers
Bill

Post by Bill »

Sounds cool! 8)