Vincent Gap to Pine and Wrightwood

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Bill

Post by Bill »

I would like to hike from Vincent gap up Pine mountain ridge to Pine Mountain, and then traverse the N. devils backbone over to the PCT and then to Guffy and down a trail I know to Wrightwood.
This could be via Bighorn mine and mine gulch or down Vincent Gulch trail. I am hoping to find a route up Pine ridge at Praire fork and following it all the way up to Pine mountain.
Anyone interested? 8) I am thinking about next week sometime, hopefully during the week.
moppychris

Post by moppychris »

If you are going up Pine Mtn from Prarie Fork, I would recommend walking straight up Pine Mtn Ridge from the Fish Fork Trail. That area is very easy to cross-country through, with a view of the peak almost the entire time. You could also hike up to Columbine spring and then up Pine.
I would like to join you if this is scheduled again for late June. Nice flowers that time of year.
Bill

Post by Bill »

moppychris wrote:If you are going up Pine Mtn from Prarie Fork, I would recommend walking straight up Pine Mtn Ridge from the Fish Fork Trail. That area is very easy to cross-country through, with a view of the peak almost the entire time. You could also hike up to Columbine spring and then up Pine.
I would like to join you if this is scheduled again for late June. Nice flowers that time of year.
Yeah, I reconsidered that hike after hiking up to Guffey and viewing the ridgeline from Blueridge. June would probably be a better time to hike it, as there is still a considerable amount of snow along that route. I will let you know when I re-schedule it.