South Fork->Gorgonio

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
kristo5747

Post by kristo5747 »

Drove to Mentone early Sunday morning from the South bay.

Got on the 38 around 4am. As I was approaching the ranger station, I almost ran over some weirdo standing in the middle of the road. The guy was wearing a white sheet or cloak over him.

Started at the trailhead around 4:30am. Temp was in the 40's and sky was so clear I could see the milky way.

I saw no snow whatsoever until dry lake. Met Sam Page aka Daddy Long Leg. He flew by me on his way to Jepson.

I got to Dollar Lake saddle after a lot of bushwacking to find the trail. Ran out of steam so ate a spot of lunch and turned around. Getting old sucks.

On my way down, met up with three females going up the trail in flip-flops and tank tops :shock:

Got to my car around noon to a *full* parking lot.

Oh yeah, getting old sucks.

Al.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

kristo5747 wrote:Got on the 38 around 4am. As I was approaching the ranger station, I almost ran over some weirdo standing in the middle of the road. The guy was wearing a white sheet or cloak over him.
Me too!!!

Nice meeting you, Al.
kristo5747

Post by kristo5747 »

Sam Page wrote:
kristo5747 wrote:Got on the 38 around 4am. As I was approaching the ranger station, I almost ran over some weirdo standing in the middle of the road. The guy was wearing a white sheet or cloak over him.
Me too!!!

Nice meeting you, Al.
Next time I see this guy, I ain't stopping. What an idiot.
hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

kristo5747 wrote: The guy was wearing a white sheet or cloak over him.
Must have been a klan meeting in the area.
kristo5747

Post by kristo5747 »

hvydrt wrote:
kristo5747 wrote: The guy was wearing a white sheet or cloak over him.
Must have been a klan meeting in the area.
:lol: I thought it was in Riverside...not in San Berdoo...but hey, what do I know?