50 Mile Rwanda Ride

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
glamisking

Post by glamisking »

Is anyone planning to do the Rwanda ride April 10th in Orange County? It is over 50 miles of dirt with an expected 500 riders for it's 4th consecutive year. It would be fun to say hi before the ride (not race) and enjoy a beer at the after party. Learn more here. http://www.50mileride.com/
obie

Post by obie »

This looks like a fun ride. Also a good way to see some trails around OC.

I'm assuming it's not too technical on the descents. My skills descending are weak - got hurled in El Moro today. Anything like the 'Redtail' or 'Rattlesnake' on this ride?
glamisking

Post by glamisking »

obie wrote:This looks like a fun ride. Also a good way to see some trails around OC.

I'm assuming it's not too technical on the descents. My skills descending are weak - got hurled in El Moro today. Anything like the 'Redtail' or 'Rattlesnake' on this ride?
About 75% of the ride are trails that I ride fairly regularly and they are not too technical. In fact I wish there was more difficulty. I haven't ridden at El Moro but about at least 35% of the ride is fire road... :? But none the less I am stoked for the ride and I know you will be glad you did it. Let me know if you end up coming out.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

I wanted to give the shorter course a go - but I'll be camping at the OC Fairgrounds with a bunch of 4H kids and the animals.

If you are really up for pain, try one of the Warrior's Society events in the Santa Anas.