Verdugo Mts via Chandler Fire Road

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I really dig the trail running thing, especially if/when I can get back to middle high san gabriels.

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=491937

The Verdugos offer nice routes - you can spend the first part heading up, 2nd part going flat traversing, then head back down. After doing a run from Brand Park, this time I started from the Chandler Fire road on the northwest end, and headed SW past Verdugo peak to some viewpoint and turned around.

However, surprisingly 16 mile trail runs are not good for what I think is ankle impingement. "Rest" is probably in order....although maybe now I'll turn to some road cycling for a while.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

wrote:I really dig the trail running thing...

The Verdugos offer nice routes -
This time of year...It can be broiling hot in summer :( An early start is essential the later in the winter / spring seasons progress
wrote:headed SW past Verdugo peak to some viewpoint and turned around.
Nice! 1hr 31 min to Verdugo Peak (area) via Chandler. That first part out of Edmore Pl is steeper than SH*T
wrote:However, surprisingly 16 mile trail runs are not good for what I think is ankle impingement. "Rest" is probably in order....although maybe now I'll turn to some road cycling for a while.

Who knew? hope your "convalescence" isn't too trying :wink:

Matt
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

man I was feeling tired yesterday to begin with, but what the hell was up with that first section?! totally demoralizing. I just walked it, saying "man I hope this @#% ends soon".