Dobbs Peak (1/31/2010)

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

I know that Dobbs Peak is in the rival San Bernardino Mountains, but I thought that some of you might be interested to read about the CPR route on Dobbs Peak anyway.

Here is a picture to pique your interest:

lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Nice report Sam, looks like another vote for best hiking blog site is in order :D

CPR is a perfect name for that route, had I continued it would have been named - "post hole hell" :shock:

Glad the three of your were able to make the top of Dobbs, see you on the next one.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Cool beans. Nice pic, Zach. :wink:
mve

Post by mve »

Excellent TR and pictures Sam!

It's funny, I also took my son to Vivian on the 31st and we lost the trail ending up on some really steep stuff where I didn't feel comfortable taking my son. From what Patrick told me over PM it looks like we followed your tracks and I have to say that was one steep crazy route :shock:

Norma :shock: I am speechless -- San J, Baldy x 2 and San G :shock:

And I am not surprised Zach was part of this madness :lol:
norma r

Post by norma r »

mve,

as long as i can...
mve

Post by mve »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Great TR and pics, Sam. I might give Dobbs and San G a try this weekend, that is if I can get to the trailhead.

Congrats to everyone.
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. And better luck next time, lilbitmo!
Zach

Post by Zach »

Norma, Sam, Patrick: I had great fun. Looking forward to many more non-post-hole adventures.

MVE, as we trudged down the section that was "tricky" I contemplated trying to put rocks and sticks to signal the correct path... but alas, I had no energy... plus, the other route is way more fun!

Also, I believe we may have startled the creator of this little shortcut in his tent :lol:

Will the owner of the Ben 10 Alien Force birthday balloon please come forward to claim their trash, I mean prize! :wink:
mve

Post by mve »

Almost forgot -- did you guys see this on Vivian? Where did that come from? Doesn't it look like an airplane toilet seat?
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

mve wrote:Almost forgot -- did you guys see this on Vivian? Where did that come from? Doesn't it look like an airplane toilet seat?
I didn't see that toilet seat, but that has to be the most spartan outhouse I have ever seen!
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

Here is the route we took on Dobbs Peak: