Snowshoeing Mt. San Jacinto, 23-Jan-2009

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
Tim

Post by Tim »

I had a feeling all mountain roads were going to be complete mayhem this weekend so we headed for the Palm Springs Tram. A lot of other people had the same idea because the first tram car up was basically full. At the top we took our time getting our gear together so that everyone else could break the trail :) By the time we got out there, there was a great trail broken through Tamarack Valley and straight up to the peak. I believe this was courtesy of the regulars on the San J board. Thanks!

It was such a beautiful day--totally clear skies with only some wind at the top. The worst part was the one hour wait for the tram ride down at about 4:30pm.

Here's a little video I made of the day:
mve

Post by mve »

Great video -- San Jacinto summit is very different in winter. Looks like it was cold and windy that day.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Beautiful footage, Tim.
gregp909

Post by gregp909 »

Great video! San J looks awesome and I bet the tram ride up was awesome with all of that snow.

I am really glad you were able to self-arrest that terrible roll/fall you took on your way back down, I was worried at that speed you'd never stop! Ha, Ha :lol:

Thanks for sharing!
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

Hi Tim, it was great meeting you saturday, glad to see you guys/gals had a great time as well.
:)
Tim

Post by Tim »

Thanks all. It was a great day out there to be sure. Nice to meet you too, Tina. Greg, that was my friend John. That fall was so terrifying it happened in slow motion, just like they say :)