Camera stolen, "person of interest" on video

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I hiked in Rubio Canyon today, looking for a trailcam location. I left the camera & my pack (heavy) cabled to a tree and covered with leaves while I hiked farther up canyon. I took everything of value out of the pack, but forgot my Olympus point-and-shoot was in a small side pocket. Returned to find the pack moved, all zippers open, and realized later the camera was gone. I also noticed the tape over the motion sensor on the trailcam had been moved, and out of curiosity, checked to see what the cam captured.

Stupid me for forgetting about the camera - but what the hell???

So please - if you recognize this person, who was in Rubio near the Pavilion today around 11am, LET ME KNOW.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Unbelievable.

Post his picture at the trail head and set up your camera to film him when he tears it down.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Post his picture at the trail head
Oh yes...that is happening. Probably Tuesday morning.

I'm not a naive country bumpkin...but it still amazes me that you can't put anything down in the Angeles for more than 5 minutes without some idiot walking off with it, spraypainting it, or smashing it with a rock.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

I can email ~ 4,000 people to be on the lookout...
Rob

Post by Rob »

File a police report?
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Good luck! Want me to make a stickied thread for ya or anything?
Zach

Post by Zach »

That guy looks like a transient. His jeans are a bit ripped up, and just looks really creepy. Be careful out there.
norma r

Post by norma r »

transient or not, what a friggin idiot! sorry Johanna. :(
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

I'd file a police report, supplying them a CD with original video

I'd go around the neighborhood, knock on doors and ask if people know him

If he answers the door the first words outta my mouth would be I want my camera back!

I'd post the photo at the trailhead

Let's nail this ASSHOLE!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

THANKS guys! :D

I'm filing a police report tomorrow. Then I'll make the trailhead sign, and can put the police as a contact, so I don't have to give out my own info.

I really appreciate the support!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

I hope they catch him and his balls fall off.

As far as Rubio goes, did you get up to any of the waterfalls? How were they flowing?
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

HikeUp wrote: did you get up to any of the waterfalls? How were they flowing?
Beautiful water!! Crystal clear, flowing great (but not real crazy actually). I'll post a right-proper TR on it tomorrow!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

I filed a report today. The detective already knew about this - he saw it on Altadenablog. He said since the video doesn't show the camera being removed, that I shouldn't refer to this person as the thief. However, he said it was OK to show the video around, and thinks it's good to keep people aware that nothing is really safe out there.

So, if anyone knows anything, call the Altadena station at 626-798-1131, case # 910-00310-0775-389

And again, thanks for the support!
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

cougarmagic wrote:He said since the video doesn't show the camera being removed, that I shouldn't refer to this person as the thief. !
Oh brother!
simonov

Post by simonov »

cougarmagic wrote:I filed a report today. The detective already knew about this - he saw it on Altadenablog. He said since the video doesn't show the camera being removed, that I shouldn't refer to this person as the thief.
Middle-aged non-Negro, non-Hispanic. There is simply no way he could possibly be the thief!

Round up the usual suspects.
Nunc est bibendum