SOL 1/23/10

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

This is a non-trip report. Call it whining if you must. :cry:

I have to go out of town tomorrow, so no hiking. I wanted to get out today. I have too little time for Baldy, but consoled myself with thoughts about maximal avalanche danger and rabid crowds of people playing in the snow. I decided to settle for Mt. Wilson. After all, it has snow to about 1500' below the peak.

I did the Mt. Wilson Trail last week, so I decided to hike from Chantry Flat. I got to the closed gate at the top of Santa Anita Ave. just before 11 AM. Closed gate? Damn! OK, I headed for Sierra Madre. I parked in front of the park, got all packed up and headed to the trail. I finally saw the "Trail Closed" sign.

I was not up for another trip to Echo Mountain and Inspiration Point. I would have gone had I had any hope of the trail being open to, say, Mt. Lowe. I decided to head home and bicycle instead.

Nest week!
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice non-TR. Any pics? :wink:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

HikeUp wrote:Nice non-TR. Any pics? :wink:
No pix. I did think later that pix of the "closed" signs would have been worthwhile. :lol:
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

that's too bad. next time that happens you should check out Bailey Canyon, they aren't as controlling about closing that trail from what I've heard.
JEFFSCOF

Post by JEFFSCOF »

Man you been busy lately. We miss you on all our group hikes. Hopefully things will become normal for you sooner rather than later. Take care buddy.

Jeff S
Terry Morse

Post by Terry Morse »

wrote:that's too bad. next time that happens you should check out Bailey Canyon, they aren't as controlling about closing that trail from what I've heard.
Bailey Canyon trail was closed too.