Echo Mt and Mt lowe fireroad 1-21-2010

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

Had a free day today after some mornign errands and i seen the coulds break over mt wilson and spotted snow. I figure i go on a small hike some where. So i decided echo was a good one. Needed to test out new jacket i got from timberland ;D
Upon gaining cape of good hope i figure why not go to inpspiration and see if snow landed any where close! My plan was to go to dawn station and warm up dry off and pig out for a bit then return into millard and drop into altadena and walk back to my car...............but

Cameras love this weather

falls everywhere

After echo it was to dawn station for some comfort
burnt to the ground......I dont even remember what the sign said!
Then i said the hell with this!

run off

Goretex is your freind! cotton yor enemy
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

I love hiking in weather like that. Good thing you didn't run across any flash floods or land/rock slides.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

was fun. like white mt but with water
blueshammer

Post by blueshammer »

Looks very nice! Will have to try it out this weekend. Hopefully the rain and wind will allow for clear views.
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

The sign @ Dawn Station talked about two donkeys named Jack & Jill that brought ore up from the mine. Now in the melted plastic I think I can make out the face of Charles Darwin.
Zach

Post by Zach »

PackerGreg wrote: Now in the melted plastic I think I can make out the face of Charles Darwin.
I see the virgin Mary!! Quick call CNN.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

PackerGreg wrote:The sign @ Dawn Station talked about two donkeys named Jack & Jill that brought ore up from the mine.
My favorite is Herbert the Mule - heard stories that he used to break out of his shed, and take off into the canyons for a couple days before they could find him again.

Good job braving the elements Eric, and nice pics!
PackerGreg

Post by PackerGreg »

Herbert pushed the car on the OM&M Railroad so as not to kick dust onto the passengers.

Herbert's freaky nature is common in mules, especially if they have a good amount of Arab blood. That's why donkeys are the favored pack animal for narrow San Gabriel Mtn. trails.
HikeUp

Post by HikeUp »

Nice pictures edenooch.

Dawn Station before it burned...