Sandstone Peak & Boney Mountain Range

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

GigaMike

Post by GigaMike »

Great stuff, Ze! It looks like it was clear everywhere this weekend.
Winston

Post by Winston »

Cool hike Ze! I wanted to sign up for it, but my desire to prevent my dog from chewing up the rest of my apartment won out.
Sashimi

Post by Sashimi »

Shweet pictures. I'm really itching to get back up there now.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

nice loop
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Winston wrote:Cool hike Ze! I wanted to sign up for it, but my desire to prevent my dog from chewing up the rest of my apartment won out.
:lol: yeah that sucks. so how long does it take till Bandit can be left for a day for a big hike :?: or perhaps Bandit would like to carcamp and hike in Anza Borrego in January :)
Winston

Post by Winston »

Not sure. I think he's still a puppy. When I got him two months ago, he weighed 22.5 lbs, and now he's 33 lbs and still growing. I think he's still teething too.

Hey, if you don't mind me bringing Bandit, we'd love to sign up for he hike in Anza Borrego. I know he can handle the mileage and gain; he's already a stronger hiker than me. The only thing that slows him down is his desire to sniff the ground and the bushes. I've taken him on a cross country hike before, and he did fine, but the brush was minimal.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

Winston wrote:Not sure. I think he's still a puppy. When I got him two months ago, he weighed 22.5 lbs, and now he's 33 lbs and still growing. I think he's still teething too.

Hey, if you don't mind me bringing Bandit, we'd love to sign up for he hike in Anza Borrego. I know he can handle the mileage and gain; he's already a stronger hiker than me. The only thing that slows him down is his desire to sniff the ground and the bushes. I've taken him on a cross country hike before, and he did fine, but the brush was minimal.
I got no problem with it. I guess AB park doesn't really want dogs on 'trails', but hell we're not going on a maintained trail anyways! :wink:

Just make sure Bandit doesn't starting sniffing the cholla.
Winston

Post by Winston »

OK, cool. Looks like dogs are allowed at the park, just not on the trails. Cross-country should be fine then!
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Eeeh, just to remind you that dogs also aren't allowed in ABDSP wilderness areas. They are allowed only on roads and campgrounds.
I'm just sayin'.
Winston

Post by Winston »

OK, I did some more research and it looks like you're right. The first thing I looked at was a campground rules pdf and that said nothing about the wilderness area. The park brochure added in the bit about the wilderness though. Bummer. Ah, bummer.
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

Looks like you guys had a great time.
:)
ps...i have a hair appt. on the 16th, will try to get it changed to do the hike with ya.
Rumpled

Post by Rumpled »

Noooo!
Can't miss the hair appointment!
That would be tragic!
Everyone else reschedule. :D
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

Rumpled wrote:Noooo!
Can't miss the hair appointment!
That would be tragic!
Everyone else reschedule. :D