Saturday-Sunday Feb 16-17th

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Saturday: Big day on Baden Powell. I know it's short notice, but just found out I had the day off last night, as my buddy is taking my shift. Ascending BP (9499) form down low, starting elevation is around 4500, so about 5000ft total gain, on a "new route". Helmet, axe, crampons, good boots.

Sunday: Going up Iron with hopes to do the Iron-Baldy traverse with forum member "Kove". Anyone else interested, by all means. We are starting from the HF trailhead at 0430. Trail runners and crampons, and axe kinda day.
Travis

Post by Travis »

TacoDelRio wrote:Saturday: Big day on Baden Powell. I know it's short notice, but just found out I had the day off last night, as my buddy is taking my shift. Ascending BP (9499) form down low, starting elevation is around 4500, so about 5000ft total gain, on a "new route". Helmet, axe, crampons, good boots.

Sunday: Going up Iron with hopes to do the Iron-Baldy traverse with forum member "Kove". Anyone else interested, by all means. We are starting from the HF trailhead at 0430. Trail runners and crampons, and axe kinda day.
Be careful on San Antonio ridge. We checked it out last Sunday and it looked even tougher than the southwest ridge we ascended. Heavily corniced, deep snow, very slow going.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Friggin sweet! Gonna hafta bring boots then.

Didn't do anything today (sat). In a rut, not feeling very well. It's that time of year again to get sick of doing what you love.