Sawpit canyon to Monrovia Peak Mountain Bike

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
calicokid

Post by calicokid »

Went riding with a buddy with one goal of reaching Monrovia Peak for 1st time. Started around 7:45am and made to short of Monrovia Peak in 2.5 hrs at 8.30 mile.

This trail is getting popular for hiker and mountain biker now from the entrance to White Saddle. Was tired and made a mistake to walk up a peak east of Monrovia Peak. Saw quite a few camping spots on that peak and wonder who camped up there. My guess must be OHV folks.

Also, bear activities becomes regular at Monrovia Caynon parks and Arcadia wilderness park. Saw the Monrovia animal control trucks every week now at Monrovia park.
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

calicokid wrote:Also, bear activities becomes regular at Monrovia Caynon parks and Arcadia wilderness park. Saw the Monrovia animal control trucks every week now at Monrovia park.
What's Arcadia Wilderness Park like? Never been but seen it on maps. Monrovia Canyon Park is nice, and they've got that great waterfall.
calicokid

Post by calicokid »

Arcadia wilderness park is relative small compared to Monrovia Canyon park. It is off Highland Oaks. I went because my son took boyscout merit badges classes there.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

might get a bike today. Is this area better than the verdugos? i want a good place to practice
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

edenooch wrote:might get a bike today. Is this area better than the verdugos? i want a good place to practice
I-210
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

thanks. i forgot to mention it was a yamaha r1000