Reyes Peak, Los Padres Nat'l Forest 10.26.09

Archived TRs for the Los Padres National Forest.
norma r

Post by norma r »

I did a hike yesterday up to Reyes Peak, elevation 7,514 feet, via the Chorro Grande Trail. nice hike, awesome views with 13+ miles and 3,400 feet elevation gain. we saw that a mtn lion had walked the trail after us, as we headed down. would have been cool to see him/her. nice hike if you are ever in the area.

my pix and TR are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ryan.norma8 ... Peak102609#
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

Wow! A near miss with a big cat! I have never seen a mountain lion, but I suspect that they have seen me. I wish I lived closer to the Los Padres. There are some nice hikes there. Thanks for the pictures.
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Looks like it was nice and cool in that area for a hike.

Nice TR Norma, Great Pictures. That picture of the Bee is fantastic.

Cannot tell you how many times I've driven past the Los Padres forest on my way to some "Sporting Event" (my old obsession "tournament softball") and told myself I would get up in "Dem Dare Hills" but haven't made it yet.

It's quickly moving up my list. :D

Thanks for sharing.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Nice pictures Norma. I like the salt crystals. Did you taste the water at all? Was it very salty?

I'll have to get back there sometime. Haven't been up in that area for quite some time.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

Los padres is awesome
norma r

Post by norma r »

EnFuego wrote:Did you taste the water at all? Was it very salty?
no, i did not taste it. Bradley filled his Nalgene on the way down and did not say that it tasted "funny." he said he has filled up there many times so i assume it is not salty.

btw... last time i was in the Sespe Wilderness we saw a bear. this time a lion probably saw us. seems it's pretty "wild" up there!... :D
Dave G

Post by Dave G »

Wow Norma, that was a big kitty! :shock:
You be careful out there now, ya hear? :wink:
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

norma r wrote:
EnFuego wrote:Did you taste the water at all? Was it very salty?
no, i did not taste it. Bradley filled his Nalgene on the way down and did not say that it tasted "funny." he said he has filled up there many times so i assume it is not salty.
btw... last time i was in the Sespe Wilderness we saw a bear. this time a lion probably saw us. seems it's pretty "wild" up there!... :D
bradley here, no, the water has no salt taste at all. just mountain fresh!