13 days on the John Muir Trail

Archived TRs for Sierra Nevada ranges.
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy All :)

I finally uploaded pictures from my John Muir trail backpacking trip:
http://www.photoshop.com/user/EllensHik ... f&wf=share

We averaged about 10 miles a day -- started at Duck Pass trail on Sunday August 2 and came out over Kearsarge into Onion Valley on Friday August 14. Now that I have a better idea of logistics and how to lighten the pack (I have four lumbar fusions and three cervical fusions), I want to go back next year and do the entire JMT.

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
Sam Page

Post by Sam Page »

When I hiked the JMT, I brought a light tarp in lieu of a tent. Had it rained at night, I would have rigged a shelter. But it never rained, so I slept on the tarp every night. In hindsight, I should have mailed food ahead to one or more of the pack stations along the trail.
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

looks like fun!

and at least your thoracic spine isn't fused! jeez! :shock:
Ellen

Post by Ellen »

Howdy Ze,

I only mentioned the spine because other hikers have commented on my hiking style -- shades of Quasimoto :lol:

I LOVE the marmot substitution for Woodstock in your avitar 8)

Miles of smiles,
Ellen
moppychris

Post by moppychris »

The JMT is a great trail. The two times I have done it, it had rained for 4 days total. It was super dry this year. Those are cool deer(bucks) shots over on the ridge.
Sewellymon

Post by Sewellymon »

Ellen- my wife has had disc and spine fusion (and hip replacement) and logs about 25 + miles a week on the Mt Wilson Trail. She'd love to do the JMT (after recovering fro her upcoming thorastic spine disc fusion 10/1..

PM me. I'd think she'd like to compare notes w you.

Jeff