Mt birthday on San Gorgonio

Discuss SoCal ranges other than the San Gabriels.
Liz

Post by Liz »

Hello to all my hiking friends! I'll be on the San Gorgonio summit, celebrating my birthday this Saturday! I'm coming up Momyer with a friend, so not sure what time we'll be there. But I hope to trade smiles and hellos with as many of you as possible! Cheers!
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Liz wrote:Hello to all my hiking friends! I'll be on the San Gorgonio summit, celebrating my birthday this Saturday! I'm coming up Momyer with a friend, so not sure what time we'll be there. But I hope to trade smiles and hellos with as many of you as possible! Cheers!
A great way to celebrate! My B-Day was this past weekend. (47 :shock: ) I did a short but sweet hike on Waterman Mtn. Beautiful day, good friends, very relaxing. A burger and fries at Newcombs wasn't so bad either. :)
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

What Jim's trying to ask you, Liz, is how many candles should he bring.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

I guess we all know how to celebrate a birthday. I spent my 50th up in Onion Valley last week. Summiting University Peak was a hoot.

Happy Birthday Hikin' Jim!

Happy Birthday Liz!

hvydrt

Post by hvydrt »

birthdays are always a good excuse for a trip to the sierra, or any other mountain for that matter. :D
norma r

Post by norma r »

happy birthday Liz! i will be up north with family, but i wish you the best on your bday and your hike. :D

i fourth Elwood & Jim... and, wise hiking minds think alike...

i spent my August 1st bday on top of Mount Sill.
Image[url]

belated bday wishes Elwood & Jim! with all the August bday's maybe next year an August bday group hike is in order? just a thought...

cheers!
norma
Taco

Post by Taco »

norma r wrote:i spent my 1st bday on top of Mount Sill.
Image[url]
They grow up so quickly these days...
Liz

Post by Liz »

Wow! All you August babies! Happy birthday to all!

I get to do this hike on Sat, then Half Dome Monday. The following Friday I'm leaving for a 7 day backpacking trip w/friends in the Sierras. Woo hoo!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Sadly, I had to spend my August 14th birthday traipsing through Sequoia and Kings Canyon for 8 days and 7 nights:

With my son

Heading down from Elizabeth Pass:

earlier in Deadman Canyon:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Elwood wrote:I guess we all know how to celebrate a birthday. I spent my 50th up in Onion Valley last week. Summiting University Peak was a hoot.
Cool! I am glad to know that I am not the only one to scuff up my Asolos!!
Liz

Post by Liz »

This will be my third birthday, in a row, standing atop a peak. Two years ago I celebrated 30 atop Mt. Whitney, upon completing the entire John Muir Trail. :-)
Liz

Post by Liz »