Fire burning in Angeles Forest above Azusa

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

DamOTclese wrote:
AlanK wrote:
DamOTclese wrote: :? The Nanny State saving us from ourselves.
So, then, isn't trying to put out forest fires a Nanny State activity? Let 'em burn, right?
Are you nuts?!
I would rather keep my sanity out of this thread. :)

I honestly wanted to understand the logic that has rescuing human beings in trouble (even stupid ones) being a symptom of a Nanny State while trying to stop nature from doing it's thing is not. Both are trying to save us from ourselves. In both cases, there would be no need for the government services if we all stayed out of the wilderness.

For the record, I am in favor of fighting fires and helping human beings in trouble (even stupid ones). Nothing wrong with sending a bill in the latter case, of course. :)
AW~

Post by AW~ »

Awesome job on this one. Snuffed out any threat to Browns Gulch and handled the fire on the other side.

Now there are 5 new canyon routes for a little bit of time ..hehe...there is a tall waterfall in one of them.
lakenyon

Post by lakenyon »

My apologies if this was already addressed elsewhere in this forum, but does anyone have a first-hand report of the current air quality in the Baldy area?
RichardK

Post by RichardK »

We were on Baldy today Saturday Aug. 29 via the Ski Hut trail. Air was good - no smoke.
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

I was on Baldy today too -- hit the summit at 1 PM. I second Richard's comment about clear air. The Morris fire was hardly noticeable. The Station fire was huge.