Fresh lion tracks in Arroyo Seco 8/6/09

Poppies & cougars & shrooms, oh my!
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Sweet!!

I didn't expect to see these here - not because I didn't think there was a lion or two around here, but because there are so many hikers and bikers every day re-treading the trail. We also saw a fresh scrape and scat. This lion most likely traveled through here last night.

I'm posting this under current conditions because these were right on the trail, near Oakwilde camp, and this trail is so popular with runners.

There's no cause for alarm, but with people heading out early morning, or evening to beat the heat, maybe rethink jogging with an iPod going full blast, that sort of thing. Don't put your jerky in a stuff sack, then use it as a pillow, etc.

This is an average sized, 80 - 100 pounder. And I'll get her on a trailcam...oh yes I will! :D
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

Our intrepid tracker

That is one sick kitty

Moonset over Mt Lukens from Angeles Forest Highway
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

Cool photos (both of you).

Just an FYI: Been seeing a lot of bear poop on the Sister Elsie Trail between 3N76 and the "Y" junction near the springs.
edenooch

Post by edenooch »

i was jogging up the sunset ridge fire road last wednesday around 4pm and saw a cub for about 3 seconds run arounda turn....hit that corner and he as gone