Vivian Creek Trail Closed?

Rescues, fires, weather, roads, trails, water, etc.
mattmaxon

Post by mattmaxon »

I just received a faxed reply for a planned overnight for Vivian Creek Trail to San Gorgonio Mtn and was denied due to the Vivian Creek Trail being closed for "Bear Activity"

Any info on this closure?

Matt
lilbitmo

Post by lilbitmo »

Matt,

I had permit in hand and it was rescinded two weeks ago.

Some fools were feeding the baby bear at the picnic grounds at the trailhead - http://www.mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=1658

They are trying to save the bears life, but we shall see.

A human "Fed Bear" is a "Dead Bear" most of the time.

:evil:
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

I could put an end to all this. I hear bear cub stew is quite good. :lol:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

EnFuego wrote:I could put an end to all this. I hear bear cub stew is quite good. :lol:
That clears up a mystery for me. I heard this mother bear strolling along saying that she was a big fan of stew "en Fuego."
tinaballina

Post by tinaballina »

It is still closed? it has been close to three weeks.
LD

Post by LD »

We were up doing S.G. from South Fork Saturday. Ranger Susie with her huge Newfoundland dog "bear" were checking permits at the wilderness sign. A ways down the trail another ranger was going down to Dollar Lake to check permits.
Almost like they don't trust us :wink:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

From the SGWA Board
The Forest Falls Recreation Area and the Vivian Creek Trailhead are closed until further notice. The temporary closure is due to increased bear activity causing a potential safety issue / conflict. The area will re-open when the bear is removed by the Department of Fish and Game. For more information please contact the California Department of Fish and Game at 909-484-0167 or the Mill Creek Ranger Station at 909-382-2881. NOTE: Due to the increased call volume at the Mill Creek Station please refrain from calling to get a date or time when the area will re-open, since we have no way of knowing this information. Any new information will be posted on this website as it becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation.
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

This is not original, but I like it - how 'bout they tranquilize and relocate the people?