Old Baldy, Yesterday?

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

Any SGMDFers or NHPSers on Baldy yesterday? I took my wife and daughters up the ski lift and we hiked hiked up to a very crowded Baldy, summiting around noon. It was a bit hazy, though quite a bit more pleasant than the valley below the Gabes.
simonov

Post by simonov »

I was in the San Gorgonio Wilderness this weekend.

As I was driving on the 405 in OC yesterday afternoon, I could barely make out Baldy in the haze, topped by a MASSIVE thunderhead. You didn't get any lightning?
Nunc est bibendum
calicokid

Post by calicokid »

I went up Baldy using the Old Baldy trail Friday morning. It was nice but a little humid. There was cloud forming on top. Saw about 6 people coming up old baldy trail around noon!!!! Had to give them credit for going up in the mid day heat.

Took a hearty drank at the spring at the Bear Flat, did not get sick so the water is good there.
Elwood

Post by Elwood »

No Lightning, Mr. Simonov. Now THAT woulda' been cool, albeit dangerous. I did the South Fork, Dollar Saddle, Dry Lake Lollipop last Saturday. That was great. Gorgonio summit was a bit crowded, however.

-Elwood
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Hey Elwood! I was on top of Gorgonio on Saturday, too. ~ 1:00 - 1:30. Had a bunch of red-shirted scouts with me - although there was another red-shirted troop up there, as well. It was quite crowded up there...