what sounds like more fun ?

Trip planning, history, announcements, books, movies, opinions, etc.
friendowl

Post by friendowl »

thursday im off and my kid is off school for the summer....i need to get out before the fathers day weekend madness begins .

1] icehouse canyon to kelly camp and summit ontario peak. [ive never been up there....is there a good spot to camp near/on the summit ?

2] ski hut trail to baldy summit and sleep on top......if its windy maybe sleep at flat spot just below the summit.. ?

3] last but it sounds kinda too easy.............little jimmy and mt islip....

i cant go far cuz i gotta be home by 11am fri...we leavin thurs at 9am

any input from you hikin guys would be appreciated .

if anyone has any other ideas id like to hear them too....

im kind of thinking also about going from buckhorn to east twin and sleeping near there...... ??????????????? help me out will ya !
Hikin_Jim

Post by Hikin_Jim »

friendowl wrote:thursday im off and my kid is off school for the summer....i need to get out before the fathers day weekend madness begins .

1] icehouse canyon to kelly camp and summit ontario peak. [ive never been up there....is there a good spot to camp near/on the summit ?

2] ski hut trail to baldy summit and sleep on top......if its windy maybe sleep at flat spot just below the summit.. ?

3] last but it sounds kinda too easy.............little jimmy and mt islip....

i cant go far cuz i gotta be home by 11am fri...we leavin thurs at 9am

any input from you hikin guys would be appreciated .

if anyone has any other ideas id like to hear them too....

im kind of thinking also about going from buckhorn to east twin and sleeping near there...... ??????????????? help me out will ya !
:arrow: Not too many spots near the summit that I'd call "good." Pretty barren up there. Kellys Camp is an excellent spot. Beautiful area BTW.

:arrow: That'd work. No water though. Only 4mi up and 4mi down if I recall correctly

3] little jimmy and mt islip....
:arrow: Yeah, pretty easy, but a nice hike. You could always go to Throop Pk instead of Islip to make it a little more interesting.

4] buckhorn to east twin and sleeping near there
:arrow: That works. No water, but you could sleep in the saddle between Waterman and Twin Peaks.