Post by mattmaxon »

Cougarmagic
This seems like it would be an Ideal anti-peak bagging route

We could blow by these with ease! :lol:

11 NHPS listed non-peaks in one day

It'd be quite an non-accomplishment

Though not nearly impressive as actually doing it

Congrats to ze` and company all around

The food couldn't have been that bad after that hike... Most anything would have tasted great
cougarmagic

Post by cougarmagic »

Very cool! Nice pics, and the videos are good too - more of the "I feel like I was there" with video. Those rocky slopes are nutz... :shock:

Matt, a peakless version of this hike would be a challenge! I mean, they said they "veered off trail" and ended up on Jepson - like that happened accidentally. Should have paid more attention to where they were going, I think. :roll: :lol:

Ze - how do you find so many people willing to do these epics all the time??
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

hehe, just take the San Bernadino Divide trail, you'll pass up like 9 peaks just along that!

How do I get so many people to come on these? I don't know! It's not b/c I'm doing anything special, that's for sure. You'd be amazed, people come out of the woodwork when you say something is extremely hard and only few people can do it. Some people sign up w/o hardly any experience saying "oh I'd like to give it a try"...yeah right!!! :shock:

It's part probably a male testosterone driven challenge thing, and part just that the group has a good chemistry. We are overall pretty laid back so I think people manage to endure longer when they are having a good time.
LD

Post by LD »

Nice TR Ze....luv that easy button vid...too funny :lol:
Also the one where you're getting the bird....probably getting used to that by now :wink:
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

That was an interesting version of an SGW multi-peak hike. We have contemplated throwing in Dobbs and also that traverse between San Bernardino and the trail from Forest Falls. So far, we have been creatures of habit and stuck to the same version of the 9 Peaks hike. Somehow, it turns out to be 28+ miles. Perhaps we'll give your wrinkles the attention they deserve. :)
Ze Hiker

Post by Ze Hiker »

LD wrote:Nice TR Ze....luv that easy button vid...too funny :lol:
Also the one where you're getting the bird....probably getting used to that by now :wink:
I got the bird three times on that hike, so I know I must have been doing well!
AlanK wrote:That was an interesting version of an SGW multi-peak hike. We have contemplated throwing in Dobbs and also that traverse between San Bernardino and the trail from Forest Falls. So far, we have been creatures of habit and stuck to the same version of the 9 Peaks hike. Somehow, it turns out to be 28+ miles. Perhaps we'll give your wrinkles the attention they deserve. :)
Is that using the Angeles Oaks trail? I guess part of it is with having a bunch of people I have to consider potential bailout spots too. And I just hate lots of miles...I will always try to avoid extra mileage if possible :)
AlanK

Post by AlanK »

wrote:
AlanK wrote:That was an interesting version of an SGW multi-peak hike. We have contemplated throwing in Dobbs and also that traverse between San Bernardino and the trail from Forest Falls. So far, we have been creatures of habit and stuck to the same version of the 9 Peaks hike. Somehow, it turns out to be 28+ miles. Perhaps we'll give your wrinkles the attention they deserve. :)
Is that using the Angeles Oaks trail? I guess part of it is with having a bunch of people I have to consider potential bailout spots too. And I just hate lots of miles...I will always try to avoid extra mileage if possible :)
We have always gone up Momyer, but go all the way to the trail on the ridge. We come back down Vivian Creek and finish on the road to the Momyer trailhead. It's gotten to be a habit -- we've done it four times. I admit that we don't care much about the mileage, but would contemplate compromising on that if we wanted to add peaks.