1:15 am and not a car or another person in sight.........

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
friendowl

Post by friendowl »

never have i seen this before on baldy.i have the mountain to myself.
im trying to fight it off but i am very tired...i dont even feel like hiking
but something has led me here...thoughts of going to sleep all comfortable try and keep me out of the game but i refuse to give in...

there is no wind, just a slight breeze every now and then and the temps aint even cold..it is very quiet..real real quiet...all i hear is myself breathing and my footsteps...i needed to get out for a bit...as tired and grouchy as was feeling im proud to be where i am..it is so calm and peaceful...more people should get out of bed and do shit like this...

when i got off th efwy on mountain ave...it was foggy..it was fun driving to manker...kind of spooky but not really...the moon would play hide and seek with me and i was preparing myself to walk in clouds[cold /wet]
fuck it..things cant always be easy then i drove past "iron gate" and it cleared up....stars everywhere....something with four legs looking like an anteater ran across the road...gonna be a good night...

the clouds covered the city lights and i pretend that los angeles dosnt exist...i feel alone but comfortable as i walk in the dark....having had little sleep,and just before i left my wife wanted some"chicken" so that left me
tired and the bowli blazed before i started this adventure left me breathless...as i walked i kept trying not to use my headlight..it was tough but once i got used to it [like half way to the hut] things got fun...

i seen some headlights on the trail below me and i thought more hikers were coming up..the lights came closer and closer and i was kind of curious to see what other wierdo hikers like me would be out and about at this hour...below the hut on the big fallen log i sat in the dark and waited..the loghts got closer and closer then they seemd to be going back then they kept coming towards me...it was kind of fun imaging the different things that it could be...i imagined two old senior citizen hikers trying to beat the heat, i pictured a bear or mounatin lion with a tracking collar blinking and it was looking around...all kinds of stuff....i got tired of waiting and kept on going......

the ski hut toilet smells like shit...i can hang bad smells and gross shit dont bother me but that toilet is straight foul...i feelsorry for whoever has to clean that mess....and for those who MUST take a dump....nasty...

at the hut i dropped my pack and went for the top with just water and gorp...when i got to the top of the ridge {one of my favorite spots] the clouds blocked all the views and it was so dark my camera was getting anything [cheap] so i just relaxed under a tree and laid on my back looking at all the stars,,,i started falling asleep and i was getting a lil cold
so i made my back to the hut...it was difficut and i was clumsy from being tired...at the hut i took me a nap fora few minutes and then made my way back to the car...

i got home at 845 am..traffic sucks ass....im tired and i gotta get sleep i have a final at 3 and gotta be at work by 430......

night walks are way better than sharing hot crowded trails...

EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Good luck with your final.

Post by 406 »

looks like a good time.
Taco
Snownado survivor

Post by Taco »

Good shit dude! I like your style of writing.