North Face San G

Archived TRs for ranges in California.
Zach

Post by Zach »

Went up the s.f. trail to dry lake yesterday evening. camped there near the puddle, ehh i mean lake. Had the whole place to myself, it was awesome. Got up early this morning, and went up the same route i failed to complete earlier this year. There was snow starting just about dry lake. The last 500ft of the route was a scree scamble and the 200ft preceding that was a very thin layer of snow. the top was pretty much snow-free. The register had this red button in it that said "easy" on it. When i pressed it, it said "that was easy" got a good laugh out of it. It was hot up there, snow creek looked as evil as ever, and the inland empire looked like it was broiling. Hmmm and i think I could barely make out Baldy with a few patches of snow left on it.
EnFuego

Post by EnFuego »

Sounds pretty cool. Did you take a tent up with you or sleep in the open? I did C2C on Friday, and could see a little bit of snow on the upper reaches of the south facing slopes. as I was broiling in the heat on my trail and wishing I was over at San G, you were actually there. Glad you made the summit. I'm sure it has bugged you since our trip back in ???.

Ready for a suicide trip to Eastern Sierras?
Zach

Post by Zach »

Brought a tent, didn't really need it weather-wise but did end up pitching it because of the mosquitoes.