bridge to nowhere....night hike

TRs for the San Gabriel Mountains.
friendowl

Post by friendowl »

the east fork is beautiful....when my lil bro called me up at around 3pm he was very very excited..the night before he got off work at midnight and went out with his wife for drinks and they didnt get home till 4am then he played online games till 7am when she woke up cause they had a family reunion to go to in temecula..so my bro drives over there and continues mingling and drinking a lil bit...im sure he was tired...but hes a trooper and his wife had to be at work at 2pm so they drove back and he showed up at my door talking crazy about hitting the bridge..two days prior him his wife and honey[malamute] tried to gobut he got lost????
so he was on a mission to see the bridge....hes always down when i want to hike so as much as i knew it was gonna suck walking back in the dark threw snakeville i couldnt pass up a chance to do it....we left at 4 and got back at 9.......it was an interesting experience and as always i returned home a better man....we are real lucky to have such beautiful surroundings as we move about in hell-a....

http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l183/friendowl/
brian90620

Post by brian90620 »

Nice pictures, looks pretty cool 8) . I've always wanted to do this this hike but never got around to it, because my gf, who I usually hike with, has never wanted to go here due to the water crossings and having to hike through water. I don't know whats up with her, I think it would be fun too cool off in the river, especially on a hot day.......Thanks for the trip report.